Courtship, conversion, engagement, marriage and babies! Oh my!
Thank you for clicking by, get to know us more below!
We are so excited you’re here and hope our honesty will make you feel welcome to our little home on the internet.
There are four of us, John, myself, Little Sue and baby princess #2 in my tummy. We’re dedicated to living the Catholic Faith in practical and fun ways. Join us on our journey through marriage, parenting, faith and finances. We’re learning as we go, but we decided to start this blog to hold us accountable and share our lessons as we aim for sainthood.
A bit about me, the mommy:
- I was born and raised in South Africa and moved to the States when I was twelve.
- I converted to Catholicism during my college years after falling in love with the beauty of the Church; little did I know how this will change my life!
- I met Jack in 2010, and two years later he converted too and we were married.
- I want to help: I am passionate about helping other young mommies through the at times lonely and difficult journey of not only being a first time mommy, but being a Catholic first time mommy. Living the Faith, through not using contraception, sacrifices and the Sacraments is so counter cultural and we need all the support to stay faithful to Christ’s teachings. We do not attain Heaven all by ourselves, God sends us mommy friends to help us through this journey! Let me be your friend!
- I’m a wanna-be work from home (couch/kitchen table) mom: Also, another passion of mine is staying at home with my little ones. I am thankful my husband can support us, but he works extremely long hours and comes home exhausted. The few hours he does spend with us is full of love and quality time, but his stress and exhaustion is visible. So I want to help out! Not only with being a good wife and mom, but also to help my family financially.
- I started this blog to find out how other mommies stay at home with their little ones while bringing in a few dollars a month to help with the financial burden of raising a large family. I’ve been interviewing stay at home mommies in their various ventures and I’ve learnt so much from them already! I hope that my quest will help other mommies to be able to raise their little ones at home and live without the constant financial stress that comes with that decision.
John Whitford, the dad:
- If you are more interested in a Catholic father’s perspective on living the faith, you can read about it here.
- John talks about the difficult topics; obedience, contraception, lust.
Welcome to the Whitford life, let’s help each other stay close to Christ.
On a side note,
This article, An Antidote for the Lonely Vocation of Modern Marriage, from the Catholic News Agency eloquently sums up the goal of the Whitford life!
Want to know more about our story? Read on!
We met at a college fraternity party and ended up both interning at Walt Disney World for the summer. John courted me and it was the most magical three months!
When we returned to college that Fall he further impressed me by joining the rugby team. He ended up breaking his nose and tearing his skin, so manly! And I was head over heals in love. Not to mention he had a motorcycle too! Smart, kind, athletic, and going through the RCIA program? I am a lucky girl!
After a year of dating, I almost asked him to marry me! He surprised me with a beautiful engagement ring and I couldn’t wait to be his wifey! Seven months later I walked down the isle with a HUGE white dress. Poor John didn’t have any space on the church pew during our wedding mass.
A year later we conceived our first sweet baby. Little Sue has changed our lives completely! And soon her little sister will join us.
Thank you for reading! I hope getting to know us a bit better helps you feel more welcome here.