My 11 Unanswered Questions a Week Before My Due Date
I’m 43 inches around, I’ve gained enough pounds to surpass my toddler’s weight and I feel like I’m hiding a beach ball under my shirt. This pregnancy has not been hard. I’ve had the normal tired days, cranky days, mood swings and sleepless nights, but I know I’ve been extremely blessed with a rather uneventful pregnancy.
It has definitely been different than my first pregnancy, because running after a toddler multiplies the pregnancy fatigue. My emotions are also a bit different, I wrote a letter to my toddler who can’t read.
And now I’ve come to the end of this beautiful phase of my life. I will soon transition into being a mommy of two. I lay awake at night thinking of the questions below. I want to share them with you because I need to know if you feel the same way. And I want a record of my thoughts so I can come back in 3 months and answer them.
Here are my 11 unanswered questions one week before my due date:
1- How will my toddler act as a big sister?
- She may be sweet to her new sister. She may even ignore her. How will she see me? Will she vie for my attention? Or ignore me? Will she want to breastfeed again?
2- How will my heart feel loving two children?
- Can my heart grow that much? I’ve heard mommies say that once they see their new baby, their heart just automatically expands to love both. Will that happen to me?
3- Will I have a favorite?
- Will the baby be my new favorite because she sleeps and does not get into things? Or will Sue be my favorite because she can feed herself and is so darn entertaining? Will I even have a favorite?
4- Will I miss my pregnant belly?
- At the moment, I think the answer to this question will be no. But after 2 weeks of sleepless nights, will I feel the same? Would I rather be pregnant than have a newborn? Am I allowed to think that?
5- Will I be more or less tired than at 9 months pregnant?
- This is a big question I have. I can’t remember how I felt after my first daughter was born. Those first few weeks went by so quickly. Will breastfeeding cause more tiredness than carrying 7 lbs of baby and 15 lbs of water and 10 lbs of mommy weight around?
6- Will I be able to floss and put night cream on my face when I have two little girls?
- This is a bit vain, but will I be able to do the little things I like at night? Or will I just be happy that I brushed my teeth once for the day?
7- How will our family dynamic change?
- Parenting feels ‘more real’ now that we have two children. It’s not just us and Sue, now it’s more of us and them. Two children just makes me feel more established as a parent.
8- How will I go buy milk with two little ones?
- When will I leave the house for the first time with both little girls? How will I feel? Right now the thought is a bit frightening.
9- How long will it take before I have a deep conversation with my husband again?
- I remember with Sue it took months for her to be okay sleeping on her side of our bed to allow for me and John to cuddle. I missed that. How long will it be until we cuddle? Or have a deep conversation? Will we adapt quicker this time around?
10- Will we survive mass?
- Oh goodness. I can’t even imagine.
11- Will I be able to blog at all?
- Again, another selfish question. But will I even be able to get online at all? Will this be my last post for 8 months? A year? Or maybe I’ll do all my posting and reading at 4:00 AM?
So, those are my very personal, very unknown questions one week away from my due date. Technically, 4 days away from my due date.
I know from all the blogging articles a post should be helpful and practical to it’s readers, but sometimes a girl just has to let her heart be known.
I would love if you commented below and send a bit of love.. or prayers.. this way.