Did you know Advent is the start of the new liturgical year in the Catholic Church? Neither did I for a while, so don’t feel embarrassed. But now that you know, let’s get to it!
As we enter a New Liturgical Year, I’ve asked each member of my family what are their New Liturgical Year resolutions. The Hubby’s and Sue’s were short and sweet, princess number two just wants to be born, and mine are a bit longer. Is this a thing that people do? Or are we just making this one up?
What are your resolutions?
- Embrace Advent and live the liturgical year with my family. Before having children this was not important to me, to bring the Faith visibly into our every day lives. Now, I am more than excited to learn about and embrace the Catholic calendar as my own. Celebrating saint feast days? Yes!
- Pray more for my daughters. I say many prayers of thanksgiving for my two beautiful girls, but I do not focus much on praying for them. I want to challenge myself to pray more fervently for their future vocations and relationship with Christ.
- Model in Mary’s footsteps and become the wife and mother God is calling me to be. I want to contemplate on her example more so that I can emulate her in my every day actions. “Be it unto me according to Thy word.”
- Grow in my knowledge of Christ and His Church. I have unread Catholic books on my book shelve that I want to dive into this year. After five years of collecting dust, it is time to discover the knowledge they offer!
- I asked my hubby to help me with my last one, he suggested that I incorporate scratching his back as we pray the Rosary. Because I love him very dearly, this will be added to my list of resolutions!
- To touch the lives of other men by presenting my witness in the weekend retreat, Christ Renews His Parish.
- To be more involved in Families Following Christ to help other families live the Faith faithfully.
- Get my daughter baptized as soon as she is out of the womb.
- Become a Dynamic Catholic.
- Increase monthly tithing.
- Learn how to make the Sign of the Cross.
- Become a big sister!